Thursday, December 12, 2019

BRACES ON FACES - 4TH SET

Remember that goal I set a while back to pay for #BracesOnFaces at the pace of one set per year? And remember how the second and third sets went on faster than that? Well, today we headed to Senestraro Family Orthodontics and the fourth set went on!!

Tyler is the last little W to get orthodontia and is now sporting braces and an expander, the latter of which he's the first of the sibs to get. We, of course, had to take our now traditional picture of the newest patient, excited mom, filled pie chart, and awesome orthodontist.


Isn't this pie chart amazing? Our portion of the total cost was less than the other kids because he'll have two phases of orthodontia instead of one, and the first phase, which this chart represents, costs much less than what the single round costs for each of the bigs. That's a huge part of why his chart filled so quickly, as well as an insurance change that's provided some reimbursement for the big boys' braces that we paid for totally in cash. However, it's still amazing that his pie chart filled up in about five weeks and his braces were on less than three months after Naomi's. 


He's pretty pleased with his red and black rubber bands! As for me, my role as a mom has just had a new task added to it. Expander adjuster extraordinaire. Well, given my test run in the office, the "extraordinaire" part might be a bit of an exaggeration, but I'm sure I'll be a pro in no time flat.


The fifth pie chart is already filled in to the 50% mark, which is phenomenal, and I'll be the next one to get #BracesOnFaces. I'm so very grateful for how this whole adventure has gone! 

1 comment:

Anne Bridgforth said...

Expander adjuster extraordinaire in training.