Sunday, September 25, 2011

FAITH IN A JAR

* I'm having a hard time living in this apartment. * I'm having a hard time wondering if there will be problems in underwriting. * I'm having a hard time not knowing our closing date. * I'm having a hard time not knowing when to schedule our move. * I'm having a hard time living in a home that's being packed. Today I left for a few hours. I had some errands to run, gift cards that had been sitting around for months, and a strong desire to just be alone for a while. Here's a picture of one of my gift card purchases. To the naked eye it looks like a candle. To me, however, it's faith in a jar. We're not allowed to burn candles in our apartment and you know I'm frugal enough to not spend money on something I can't use. So buying a candle, one specifically suited to autumn, was my feeble attempt at having faith that things will work out and that they'll work out soon. I'm going to leave this candle out where I can see it during my day, a reminder that the season we're in won't last forever.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Bethany, thank you for your attitude. I needed a dose of that this morning; thanks for the kick in the pants.

I can't wait to see the post where that candle is burning in the picture :)

Kristal said...

I'm with Kelly - looking forward to the post where the candy is lit!

Pam Carter said...

I agree with Kelly too! I have some "candles" in my life as well. Evidences of faith that I know Jesus is conspiring for my good (a thought I heard last week on Jer. 29:11). I'm anxiously awaiting your post for the move-in date so we can be blessed with the opportunity to serve your family and help with your move. I think we are almost as excited as you are. We love it when we see Jesus blessing others!